if you could do it all over would you watch your weight while prego?

i gained 65lbs granted at least 15 was water weight, i was pumped up with iv's for a week because my fluid was low, but my mom never gained over 20lbs with me or my bro and honestly if i could do it over i wouldn't be so careless and watch how much i eat....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I watched what I ate but it didn't make a difference....I still gained @ 70 lbs. Luckily, I am not like my mom...she gained over 100 with each of us
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• No, I gained 50 pounds three times in my three pregnancies,. I never enjoyed food more than when I was pregnant!!!! I then took it all off!!!!

Answer by older at 11:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• No, Id do exactly as I did.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• It shouldn't be about weight but about health. Honestly i don't care if i gain to much or to little, i just make sure that i eat a healthy well balanced diet and drink enough water. I gain very little during pregnancy but it never concerned me because i know i take very good care of myself, if i had gained a lot i would have felt the same.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I did gain waaaay too much weight with my first (over 50lbs, and I am a very small framed woman so for me that was a LOT). I did take it all back off fairly quickly, so it wasn't that as much as it made all of the pregnancy discomforts worse and harder to get around at the end. It had been pretty much the first time in my adult life I'd given myself permission to really eat to my appetite, and I know I over did it. In my later pregnancies, I've gained 20-30 lbs. I still indulged my cravings but in moderation (a scoop of ice cream, not the whole pint, etc) and I've felt much healthier and better at the end of those pregnancies than I did when I was so huge with him.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I gained 24 pounds when I was pregnant; it was gone in around 2 weeks.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I gained a lot towards the end of my pregnancies. I normally didnt gain it until my 6-7th month. Lost most of the baby weight pretty naturally trhough bfing and being naturally active. But, now I'm a bot older and am preg with #4 so I am a bit more leery of what I eat and how much.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 1:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2009