Halloween is on a Saturday...

Does that make a difference in trick or treating start times? Is there some general rule about that? What time will you take your little ones out?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 11:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Holidays

• Thats really weird. I never heard of set times, dates for trick or treaters.. I'm glad we don't here.
    People start taking toddlers out right before dusk or as the sun is starting to set. Older kids start right when it is dark. We usually go until the kids are sick of it (toddlers usually thirty minutes!) Everyone caps off at about 9pm. You might get a teenager or two up until 11 but usually no one comes after around 9.
    Anonymous

• i'm not taking mine, my church is having a get together so we'll be doing that instead
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• last year here in oklahoma city it was between 6:30-9pm i think
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• times are set by our city
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• In Kenosha, they always do the Trick or Treating the Sunday prior to Halloween so it's being held 25th. It's stupid and it makes no sense, particularly since Halloween is on a Saturday this year.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Interesting...I've never heard of times being set by the city or having it on a different day, that must be regional...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• We have set times in our town and so do the surrounding towns. We trick-o-treat from 5:30-7:30pm.
    I have been to a town in another state that celebrates the weekend before also. Due to some sort of bad thing that happened on Halloween many yrs before they choose to celebrate it a week early now.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Around here they usually start just before dark...around 6:30-7 ish
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I used to live in a small town outside of Pittsburgh, PA and they always have theirs on the Thursday before Halloween at 6-8. It's never long enough.

Where I live now in GA, there is no set time. You can just go around dusk and stop whenever ppl stop passing out candy. And it always falls on Halloween, no matter what day of the week it is.
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• OH here there isnt an hour. Kids go to the mall ALL day long to ask for free candies from store to store and some just wait and come out early at night. Teens are in the neightborhood having fun till very late night.
    nily

Answer by nily at 8:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2009