How do I get over giving birth anxienty?

Expecting in a few month, and really anxient about it, anyone have methods of reducing this stress?

fadiez

Asked by fadiez at 11:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• one thing to remember, it will go by fast! you should do some prenatal yoga! it is safe for all trimiesters and it teaches you wonderful breathing exercises, not only to help you through contractions and labor, but to help you relax!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i just keep telling myself it's going to happen and there's nothing i can do to stop it. hopefully you have someone to be there with you through labor, i have my mom and some other family who will be there (baby father not involved) anyway, try not to worry about it. good luck. i agree with the yoga thing too, do things to keep busy.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Just keep reminding yourself that women have been doing this for millions of years, and that if it was sooooo bad, no one would have more than one kid.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• read a good book, it will help you build confidence. like "easing labor pain", "ina may's guide", or "birthing from within". there are a lot of good books out there :) you can check the library or half.com for cheap ones.
    Anonymous

• Knowledge is power! Take a preparation for childbirth class. Also take newborn care, infant first aid and CPR and breastfeeding classes.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Have a birth plan.

And know, by the end of your pregnancy, you' will be ready.

Most women feel so uncomfortable and miserable at the end that they don't care how painful or scary it might be - THEY JUST WANT THAT BABY OUT!!!
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• by the time the your in labor your not gonna even care your just gonna want the baby out,lol thats how i felt.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 2:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• So you can get the drugs and from what I hear you don't feel much of anything or you can go natural, thats what I did, might not be for you, but if its the route you chose, remember that one you have to relax and let the pain happen. two try to move and walk around as much as possible (they put me in a bed for an hour and I know that there is no way I would have been able to do it if I had to stay in that bed the entire time). three have someone there for you. four it really isn't that bad, don't fight the pain and five women have been doing it since the dawn of time and so can you.
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 11:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2009