need help i dont know if i can send this.

I want to send a phone and charger to someone through mail who lives in another state. Can I just put it in a big yellow envalope with a stamp and send it or do I gotta do something special?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Write HANDLE WITH CARE on it a few times big enough to where the postal workers will be sure to see it first and it should be fine. It probably wouldn't hurt to tape up the corners on the envelope to make sure it doesn't split and the charger slip out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i would put it in a box so it dont get broke.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• or wrap it in bubble wrap first....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• But its ok to send it in that?
    Anonymous

• You have to tell the people at the PO that there is electrical stuff in there. Cell phones are on their "maybe" list for things to send. I get my cell phone in the mail when I order a new one, so it must be OK, but you have to follow their guidelines. I also recommend a box.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Yes, it's fine. A box is a good idea and wrapping it in bubble wrap is also a good idea. The battery needs to be out of the phone... you can ship them together, just not with the battery in the phone.

My mom sent me an old phone of hers in the mail a few years ago after mine broke and the insurance wanted to fix it instead of replacing it. And I've mailed DH his cell phone while he was deployed so he could use it when he touched down in the US.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i work for the p.o., people send cell phones all the time.. the post office provides free boxes for their priority shipping service, and for a cell phone, postage should only be about 4.95...

katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 1:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2009