Has your child or anyone you know went to Lincoln Tech in Indiana?

My son has shown an interest in going to Lincoln Tech school in Indiana to study diesel mechanics. I was wondering if anyone had any real information about the school. How much does it really cost? (the rep was less then forthcoming w/ that info!) Is it worth the cost? Do they really learn more there then at other schools of the same type? Any problems with the school that you know of? Any information would be appreicated. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Your son should hHave a couple of informational interviews with people in his chosen field to help him determine whether or not this is the right career choice for him.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• OP here: He is very interested in the automotive field. He is in vo-tech for automotive last yr & this yr & has done extremely well. His grandfather does body work on cars & he has worked with him & also been around other mechanics (my BIL is a mechanic too) so we both feel this is a good career choice for him. I am very weary to make a trip to this school though without some better information on it. It's a 10 hr trip from here.
    Anonymous

• Are you talking about a tech highschool, or after highschool?
    My neice goes to a tech school here in PA and she takes cosmetology the only part that cost my sister money would be during the summer when they buy their kits but each shop is different, how about calling the school and asking them about the cost? As for how good tech schools are, i know my neices school is VERY strict so that they dont end up like some of the highschool near by (we live near philadelphia). I would say ask parents in his classes they might have sibblings that go or went there. Gooodluck:)
    Mommy2babie

Answer by Mommy2babie at 5:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2009