Labor possibilities? Need some advice please!!

If I started losing my mucus plug 2 days ago and I'll be 40 weeks on Thursday when do you think I COULD start going into labor? I'm dialated to 2. I ask because when I was at my doctor yesterday she said if I don't have him by next Monday they're going to induce me. I REALLY don't want to be induced the idea terrifies me!! I'm praying I go into labor on my own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• do alot of walking
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• If you do not want to be induced do not let them do it. You don't have to no matter what they tell you. Sex worked for me. I was dialated to two, we had sex at night and at 5am my water broke. Same happened to my friend.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 12:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Unfortunately, induction would add risk... (it's for selfish purposes, to be honest-- the doctor is looking for convenience.)
    If you want to wait until baby says it's Time then you're choosing a safer route.
    As long as you & baby are still doing well then you can wait.
    You can not be forced to consent to induction-- it is all your choice!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• don't let them induce you if you don't want to be induced. and i think you are right not to want to be induced. it just adds extra risk.

i started losing my mucus plug on thursday and had my son on monday, but everyone is different :) i was 41 weeks.

i think it will help you to relax if you go ahead and call your OB and tell him/her that you do not want to be induced until X and give the date that you are willing to consider being induce. at 42 weeks perhaps. unless there is a serious medical problem that induction would help with.

good luck honey!
    Anonymous

• walk,walk,walk!!!
    shanna167

Answer by shanna167 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2009