WHY DO SOME MOMS ON HERE DO THIS...

WHY DO SOME OF YOU MOMS ON HERE LOVE TO BASH OTHER MOMS WHEN ALL THEY DO IS ASK FOR HELP? DID YOUR PARENTS EVER TEACH YOU IF YOU CAN;T SAY ANYTHING NICE THAN DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Because they are ignorant, that's why.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• That is just the way it is. People are rude & like to bash.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Unfortunately, it is an age old question that will always have the same answers.

1. Because some people are just plain mean.
    2. Why do you care?

Something along those lines. If I see someone being rude, judgmental, ignorant, arrogant and so on, I call them on it. It's completely ridiculous and uncalled for to act like an ass when someone simply asks a question.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:59 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• It's because there are no repercussions to their actions and the availibility of being Anonymous. If they would take that option away, I bet the hate and meaness would die down a bit.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• why do we care??? are you serious!!! bc it is rude - and people need to learn respect! my gosh - its horrible - people just want other moms that can relae to them and may know answers to motherly questions - its horrible to be bashed, when you are sincerely in need of answers.....
    Anonymous

• I agree that if they too the Anonymus option away that a lot of the bashing would stop but then people who want to ask questions anonymusly wouldn't be able to. I think you just have to ignore the immature people who can't treat others with respect.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I'm sorry if my response came off wrong. I thought it might. When I said 'why do you care?', I meant that it is one of the answers OP would get from some people. I was not asking that question.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Why do some people get upset by the comments of total strangers??

Answer by rkoloms at 12:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Because even though in real life we are total strangers, we come to cafemom for a sense of community and friendship with mothers around the world. Like all communities we will not all be like minded, however, we should be able to feel free to express our opinion and ask our pressing questions without feeling belittled and bashed for them. It is bad enough to be bashed in the open here in Answers, but some feel the need to take it too far and take it to PMs and comments on the profile pages. That is why there is a need for the Anon option. That way we can be free to express our opinions and ask our questions without repeated daily attacks in our inbox. Bashing and attacking takes away from the sense of community that we all come here to enjoy. It takes the fun out of CM for everyone. I feel that if you want to attack there are other sites that welcome that. PS I have no prob. with healthy debates just with bashing.
    Anonymous

• It is not just "moms on here". It is people, particularly women, in general. It just stands out more because there is an anonymous option to hide behind.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 2:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2009