how do i get prepared at 13wks pregnant?

what can i do to feel slightly prepared. classes? pediatrician? is it tooo early to do anything? what can i do? i feel the need to be doing"someeeething".???

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'd get a book "what to expect while expecting" the classes are stupid imo b/c you will not be doing what they tell you during labor lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• The hard part is the waiting. Right now all you really need to do is take care of you! For classes my opinion is you can do those at any time but mostly ppl wait until 6-7 months along. I'm 29wks and I'm searching for a pediatrician now. Good luck and Congratulations!!
    Cubsgirl02

Answer by Cubsgirl02 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• (i think i've read every book there is! lol) but that doesn't help me feel like i'm accomplishing anything to be prepared.... ??? am i over thinking?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• It is not too early to register for classes: Preparation for Childbirth; Newborn Care; Infant First Aid and CPR; Breastfeeding

Answer by rkoloms at 12:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• read some books, Like "ina may's guide" or "birthing from within" :) you can research pediatricians, be sure you have a good midwife/OB and think about what kind of birth you want to have. read a book about breastfeeding, like one by La Leche League. :) (what to expect isn't very good imo)
    Anonymous

• Perpare the baby's room now. You want to get all your shopping done during the second trimester while baby is still floating. If you wait until his head is in your bladder you will know every bathroom in town.
    Anonymous

• read pregancy books, research pediatricains around your area. look at baby gear and check for safety. stuff like that
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• hi im 13wks too and believe me you are not alone!!! I feel that im just sittin here! ugh waitin waitin waitin...but i do have the book pregnancy week by week and i do read the new chapter each week when i get to it..i have started searching online for cribs and such...i even bought some onesies the other day just to pass some time..dont feel alone im right here with ya!!! lol good luck though and congrats
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 4:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I like to space things out during pregnancy. I am 19 weeks (20 weeks tomorrow..YAY), and I already have my packing list, along with some of the stuff that I will be packing put aside. I also have a list of questions to ask on my tour of L&D. I am slowly buying things for the baby (until I know boy or girl, it's all neutral and simple things, like PJs with ducks, bottles, NB diapers, formula, etc). Doing a little at a time ensures that you aren't stuck doing it all last minute. PM me if you want to know any of the things on my list to pack or questions to ask. Look into when you can schedule your tour of L&D, when to fill out pre-admission paperwork, etc.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 4:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Read "Birthing From Within" it is incredible. Make sure you are satisfied with the care you are receiving. If not, now is the time to interview other practioners. Start thinking about whether you want to birth at home or in a hospital. If you choose a home birth, you can start preparing the items you will need. You can start interviewing pediatritions as well. Some people recommend waiting until later which is great if you love the first pedi you meet! Otherwise, you will have some work to do & those interview appointments can be hard to get (sick kids take priority over your interview).

Start researching & budgeting what baby items you need/want. Talk to friends or search old cafemom questions for items that people loved or loathed--it will give you a good idea as to what to buy.

Adult & infant first aid & CPR classes are great. Also, find out about childbirth classes as they fill early. Congrats!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2009