baby food feeder bottles

has anyone else used them?
did your baby like it?

my ds is 2 months old and isn't satisfied with his formula so i started giving baby food in the feeder bottles, he'll take 4 oz of baby food then about 3oz of formula after that.....how often should i give him baby food?

no bashing! i know he's young but he's hungry and don't want the formula most of the time & i don't want him to be hungry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used them with my first baby but i cant find one for my twins i have now. "per my pediatrician" i have my 2 mo old babies 3 or 4 spoon fulls of rice cereal in the morning and 1/4 jar of baby food in the evening because of the same reason you are giving your baby food. they just don't get full.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 12:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• never heard of a feeder bottle, but would like to try it for my 4 month old. where can i get one? I would talk to his doctor maybe you can change his formula to something he'll eat better.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• they have them at walmart and target, it makes it a little easier to feed him b/c he spits when i use a spoon...he's on lactose free formula so i don't have many options on what to change him to...he mostly fusses for something besides formula when i'm cooking & i can't give him the stuff we eat yet lol
    Anonymous

• Give him more formula. He's not satisfied because the babyfood doesn't have as many calories in it as 4oz of formula does! You've basically put him on a diet, giving him fewer calories per day. (not bashing, just explaining)

Sounds like he could easily take 7oz of formula. Feed on demand. Mine were taking 8oz every 2 hours starting at 6 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Cereal in the bottle is dangerous!!!

Keep in mind that solids fed to babies before they turn 1 are for the experience of eating them, not for nutrition (a subject most doctors know nothing about). Nutritionists recommend starting solids at 6 months; many are now recommending skipping cereal and starting with a bit of avocado mashed with breastmilk (or formula). Then baked sweet potato, oatmeal, pumpkin, pureed peas, etc. Jarred baby food tastes awful, is expensive, and you never really know what is in it. Be sure to avoid the allergy trigger foods. This is not a complete list: before age 1, no soy, dairy, wheat, citrus, egg white, strawberries; before age 2 no honey, chocolate, nuts.
    The best book on feeding babies, toddlers and their families is called Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. You should be able to find it at your local library. There is some great information on the website: www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 12:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Soy, dairy and wheat are often given before a year, they're in most table foods. Chocolate is more often than not given as a first birthday cake, if not earlier.

It's fine. If they're allergic to it, they will be allergic to any food as an infant the same as they will as a toddler! An allergy is an allergy!

You didn't even answer her question, rkoloms! You bashed her just as she asked NOT to be! Way to go. No wonder so many are tired of seeing your posts.
    Anonymous

• i'm assuming his on lactose free because he's allergic to the other..i'm also allergic to milk...
    i've smelled soy formula and can't blame him for not wanting it. I think feeding him more bottle, on demand is a good idea. Also talk to his doctor. my baby loves his cereal that i put into his bottle just like i did my other three kids & they are ok. about a half- whole teaspoon of cereal along with the formula/water. i had to make sure the hole in the nipple wasn't to small or big, one way he could choke & the other not get any thing. just a small cut through the hole already there, supervise him heavily as he eats.
    Anonymous

• okay let me put this another way HE DON'T WANT THE FORMULA and it's baby food i give him not cereal
    Anonymous

• I used to use one with my first child. I liked it. It saved on mess, and time. Now that I look back it was a really lazy way to be. I didn't do it with my other two children.

You should NOT be giving baby food to a 2 month old though.
    Anonymous