What did you do while on maternity leave (before baby)?

I got put on maternity leave and I'm only 37wks, I'm not on bedrest though so I can still do stuff. Anyway, I'm so friggin' bored and everything for baby is pretty much ready.

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, your world is about to turn upside down, enjoy the boredom. Sleep, watch good movies, go to the movies, read books, stock the freezer with easy meals for after the baby comes, get a mani and pedi...just enjoy, trust me, before you know it your bundle of joy will be here and you won't have the time to do any of those things for a good long time.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I sat with my feet up as much as possible so my toes wouldn't explode or my heels or my cankles! Just enjoy it cause it will pretty much be the last time you can say that for a couple of years.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i just rested up cause u really gonna need it and also do u have anyother children? u may want to take the time out now to really let them know whats really going to be happening withing the next 2-3 weeks. and if your married u may want to get some alone time out with your hubby like to the movies to the park for a walk cause soon it will be a addition to the family.. congrats!
    Anonymous

• I worked until the day before my delivery date; I went into labor the next night.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i worked until 41 weeks but...
    enjoy your me time as much as you can. read some good books, not about baby but the kind you enjoy. baby books would be good too though. do anything you can think of that will be hard after baby. go to the movies. :) sleep as much as possible. lol
    Anonymous

• i got put on maternity leave at 36 weeks bc of my blood pressure, i had planned to work till i had the baby.

two weeks before my due date, dh lost his job. we had enough in savings to get us through till the baby was born then we were moving back to sd where our family is. so i spent most of that time packing the house so i wouldnt have to do it w a new born. i was also helping dh edit his thesis for graduation. his last final was a week before our baby was born.

we moved when she was 2 weeks old.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• okay, who else thinks rkoloms is a rude snob? i didn't ask to be put on maternity leave, i had a health issue and the doc put me on leave. thank you every one else who actually answered my question.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2009