Another republican joins the dems on health care reform?

Schwarzenegger is only the latest in a series of well-known GOPers to express such conciliatory opinions. In an interview with Time magazine last week, former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist said he would vote for the Senate Finance Committee bill. (He later qualified his comments with some criticism of the bill on MSNBC, but he did not take back his words.)

Former Republican (now independent) New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg also praised the plan on Monday. "The health reform proposal that Congress will shortly consider is shaping up to merit broad, bipartisan support, incorporating Republican ideas and earning deserved support from Republican leaders," he said in a statement. On the same, day, President George W. Bush's Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson said the Senate Finance Committee bill "moves us down the path of providing affordable, high-quality health care for all."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It must be worse than I initially thought...

Answer by rkoloms at 12:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Does anyone really consider the govenator a Republican? I mean, besides the R after his name? Besides, I would think with the condition California is in, he would be happy to lick the boots of anyone in enough power to help him out a bit.

Anonymous

rolling on floor

Anonymous

Help him with what? He will be gone soon and he won't be back

Anonymous

• I don't care what party they belong to, ANYONE saying they will vote for the bill without even having the CBO estimates on it is an IDIOT. That's right an........ I D I O T. ANYONE not on the committee that is already saying they will vote on a bill that isn't even out of committee is....is.......is...oh yeah, so far up Obama's arse that the last glimmer of daylight is LONG LONG gone. What a bunch of morons. Congrats ladies, these are the people Americans put in office.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Well yourspecial what do we expect I mean even some Americans do not care that they refuse to post the bill online for a few days for them to read they want it and they want it now! whaaaa gimmie gimmie
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• "I don't care what party they belong to, ANYONE saying they will vote for the bill without even having the CBO estimates on it is an IDIOT. That's right an........ I D I O T. ANYONE not on the committee that is already saying they will vote on a bill that isn't even out of committee is....is.......is...oh yeah, so far up Obama's arse that the last glimmer of daylight is LONG LONG gone. What a bunch of morons. Congrats ladies, these are the people Americans put in office. "

clapping

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• slapping forehead...and another one bites the dust...big surprise...

AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 12:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I just like seeing any republican wake up. Especially when they leave the GOP.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• yeah its so shocking huh night? lol I mean with all of the RINOS in the GOP what a shocker! lol

What they need to wake up to is what conservatism really is..and what the American people really want and do not want..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2009