vent

I was at target today and paying separately for 2 orders. I got the first one done, gave her cash and left my wallet next to the card slider thingy. She continued ringing up the 2nd and bagging it so I walked over to the bags and started loading them in my cart, all while keeping an eye on my little one in the card who likes to stand up in the seated part and my older one who I fear will sprint away from me when I'm not looking. Anyway, the cashier wasn't even done ringing up my order and asks, "How are you paying for this?" I felt right away like she was insinuating that I wasn't going to pay. I just said, "Why, are you done?" When she clearly wasn't. She kept ringing it up and I paid and went about my day.

In the car I called the mngr and told her what happened and she said they have to ask that because they're being timed on how fast they scan. But she didn't ask for the first order and wasn't even done ringing me-cont.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have never been asked this question. I think I would be taken aback at first too. Seems kind of rude no matter if they are being timed etc. What business is it of the people in line behind me how I pay for my items? Let it go, but I agree, I would find this odd. I hate how now days they have taken to asking "do you have anything on the bottom of your cart you need help with" as a way of checking to make sure you are not shop lifting. I don't appreciate having my intelligence insulted that way. If this is an on going problem just check the bottom of each cart as it comes through your line and shut up already.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• out. So I just let it go and drove home.

Would you have gotten that impression if she had asked you that?

I think I'm just letting the pregnancy hormones get to me. I actually burst into tears on the drive home for no apparent reason at all lol. Just wondering if you'd have been a little bothered by what she said or if I'm just crazy. :D
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• No, they ask that here all the time before they finish scanning. It's so they can hit the appropriate button when they are finished.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• lol, maybe just a little crazy! It is really annoying when people act that way. I think lots of people in the customer service field have quit being nice and act like you are inconveniencing them by asking them to do their job.

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• horomones , crazy or both (lol)

but I was not there, sounds like a typical question from a busy scanner checkout person
    Anonymous

• I dont think she is saying you may not be able to pay or anything about u..its the hormones she is just preparing for the transaction.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Lol thanks ladies. I kinda figured it was all me. I've had lunch now and I feel better lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I think you might have been stressed out and taken her question for something that it wasn't. I don't think she was insinuating whether or not you were going to pay, but she was trying to hurry up and get you ready to pay so she could move on. I think you looked into this way to hard and need to take a break. Sorry if you think I'm being mean, but if you relax for a moment, I think you will see she meant no harm.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I think she meant credit or debit. Walk it off girl....lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Hormones Hun. Don't feel bad, I am 16 weeks and I cry at everything. My oldest spent the night a couple of blocks away last night at my moms and I cried like a baby wanting him home. DH was trying to figure out the big deal cause DS stays with grandma often and it never bothers me, but for some reason I missed him so bad last night I called 4 times. LOL.Hormones can really get to ya.
    Anonymous