question

I live in NC... I'm thinking about going to school for nursing but i dont really understand how long is schooling for LPN i understand it is 2 years for RN, but what is the difference between the two? what is the average amount of pay?? And do i have to take those premajor course before i even start studying for my major, courses like art, teen living and things like that or can i just jump right into taking nursing courses??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in

• You will need to start with the Core classes, such as math, english, history, etc. This usually takes 1-1 1/2 years if you are going full time. At this point you will need to be accepted into the nursing program. Each school is different so you will need to check with them to see when you apply. The school I attend has a 2 year waiting list for the RN program so you pretty much have to apply 2 years in advance. Once you are accepted into the program then you will take 2 years of classes and clinicals. Generally speaking, once you have finished your RN then you can get a job making $30,000-$45,000 starting out, depending on your area. Also, once you have your RN, then you can also choose to get a BSN, which is a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. This can give you a $5,000-$10,000 a year raise (compared to just an Associate of Nursing), depending on your area.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• It depends on the school, sometimes you can take a placement test, I did that and tested out of almost ALL of my prerequisites! If you are serious, call the school and they will be more than happy to sit down and tell you eveything you could ever want to know about the program. Good luck!
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 10:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

Next question in
Nurse Question