Going to Panama City Fl

Can someone please tell me some inexpensive places to go to have a fun time with children in the area. I am visiting my mother, whom isnt from that area but now lives there, in either April or May of 2010. I have a 9yr and will be a 1 yr at that time. I dont have a whole lot of money but want to make our visit a nice one and not just be sitting around the house while my mother is at work. We like parks, rides, water, zoos and all the other fun things. Any ideas or input to whats out there.

TLW514

Asked by TLW514 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Travel

• http://www.visitpanamacitybeach.com/
    just one of the amny tourist web sites available. have fun! I would just hang on the beach! and eat seafood!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Sorry but I think Panama City just sucks! If you drive an hour west you'll hit Seaside and then Destin and wow, Destin is sooooo much nicer than Panama city! The beach is so much more beautiful and clean, plus Desitn is a family oriented town whereas Panama city seems more for the young adults. JMO!
    mychinababy

Answer by mychinababy at 7:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Ask this question again at the end of January, lol. We are taking the kids to Panama City in January, so we can tell you then what we found to do.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i live in the area.... Go to Destin. There is A LOT more things to do in the winter in Destin then in panama city. Just letting you know :) But your coming to a tourist area, everything is going to be expensive, the good thing is your coming during the off season so some things will be cheaper. The Gulfarium in Destin is really good for young ones. there's a zoo in PC and a ripley's believe it or not, but these things are expensive. The beach is the cheapest thing. :) And Seafood restaurants are expensive here so be prepared if your going to go out to eat.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 11, 2009