Bible to liberal for you?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/05/conservative-bible-projec_n_310037.html

any thoughts on this?

Alanaplus3

Asked by Alanaplus3 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• What ever floats your boat I guess.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 1:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I think anything from the Huffington Post is only good for a laugh.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Others have written on it too. This is apparently an actual movement. I am just to tired to post a thousand links.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Ridiculous is a word that comes to mind!

Answer by older at 12:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• The Bible is always being re-translated. That is why it's so important to be careful and research which translations you read. Also, if you are studying, have several translations in front of you for comparison. If you want a translation as accurate as possible, then you need to find a translation based on the Received Text which comes from the Byzantine era which was at that time more closely associated to the true apostolic fathers who were the eye witnesses to Jesus life, death and resurrection. The other manuscripts used for translation are the Vaticanus or Siniaticus. This text was discarded in the Middle Ages because it was found to have too many errors. It sat on the Vatican shelves for so long though that modern scholars have mistaken it to be more accurate than the newer copies of the Received Text. I would be curious to see what they are using for this new translation.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I didn't even click on the link. I would recommend posting a link from a little more neutral source.
    Anonymous

• Uh, I'm pretty conservative, but no, I don't find the Bible too liberal (referring to the King James version that I'm accustomed to reading).
    Anonymous

• It is true that many versions have been made simpler to read or "dumbed down." I personally don't have a problem with that. For centuries it was only ever translated into Latin because the common person couldn't read it. Translating it into English was a way of "dumbing it down." If their intent is to make a more accurate bible for study, then I have no problem with it. If their intent is to put a more conservative spin on it, then that is a real problem.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• http://www.usnews.com/blogs/god-and-country/2009/10/06/conservapedia-launches-effort-to-translate-the-bible-into-conservativespeak.html

http://www.theweek.com/article/index/101245/Is_the_Bible_too_liberal
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• LOL! I love it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2009