homemade food?

Hi there! Just wondering if anyone has made their own baby food, like stage one/2 reg. fruits and veggies? Do you just boil and mash and do it that way? I wonder how long it lasts for. Seems healthier and cheaper.

clransom

Asked by clransom at 12:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have been mashing up my babies food since he was 2 months. It is so much cheaper that. I don't know how long it lasts. He usually eats it within two days. I heard at a WIC appointment that you can take the baby food and put it into ice trays. Freeze it then pop it into labeled bags. I haven't tried it, though.
    jennaviani

Answer by jennaviani at 12:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• When I made homemade baby food I put it into ice cube trays and froze them. It worked great. I would make a large batch of each food and freeze it so that I didn't need to make food every few days.
    Anonymous

• www.wholesomebabyfood.com has some AWESOME ideas and tips and advice on homemade babyfood.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2009