How much breastmilk should i store for sitter when I go back to work?

So, here's the situation... my maternity leave is up and i'm going back to midnights. Our 3 month old son is pretty much sleeping through the night now, nursing for the last time around 930 or 10 and getting up between 6 and 630. When i go back to work my husband will have him alone between 10pm and 7am while i'm at work, and then he's going to take him to the sitter's around 830 so I can sleep during the day (until about 2 in the pm). That leaves a max of 3-4 feedings that he will need to be fed without me (so on stored milk) which is approx 20 oz. Right now i have 40 oz stored and i'll also be able to pump while i'm at work. Will that be enough? It sounds like plenty, but i'm a little paranoid about it...

1st_time_mom23

Asked by 1st_time_mom23 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just pump as much as you can. At work no more than 4 hours apart. Are you pumping during the night? I would. That will help you as well. Try not to stress about it. Stress can reduce your milk supply. there may be a point where you will need to supplement with some formula. There may not be. Either way you can know that you are doing the best you can. If you need other tips or support with breastfeeding and working you can Pm me. I have been there. I know it's hard.  SOunds like you are doing good so far.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• the rule is 1-1/2 ounces per hr.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Baby needs about an ounce to an ounce and a half per hour. At this moment, you have a lot more stored than I did at this stage, and I think you're doing well.

Store whatever you CAN. Be happy with whatever that amount is.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2009