what is the best way to get a todller to eat vegetables?

My daughter is 18 months old and I cant get her to eat vegetables.

destineemommy

Asked by destineemommy at 12:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• cover them with melted cheese that how i get my fiance to eat them,lol. also try offering her ranch dressing to dip them in. finally let her see you and your other family members eating them, she'll want to copy.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• One thing you can do is try sneaking some into spaghetti sauce. We put carrots, mushrooms and zucchini in our food processor with about 1/4 cup of water and puree it. Then we add it to the spaghetti sauce. My son eats it right up.

As far as getting him to eat the visible vegetables, I haven't quite found a trick that works 100% of the time. Your daugher may be too young for some of these tricks, but they're worth considering anyway:

1. "Let's take ten bites of *vegetable*". Each time she eats a bite of the vegetable, you say a number (1, 2, 3...).
    2. Take one piece of the vegetable and move it away from the rest. Then say "eat that one right there." Repeat this process until the vegetables are gone.
    3. Tell her that she needs to eat at least a certain number of bites of everything before she is done.

Now remember, none of these are guaranteed to work 100% of the time, but give them a try.

makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 12:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• as a last resort: goldfish now have a product that has 1/3 serving of vegitables. V8 fussion tastes like a fruit juice but has a full serving of vegitables, too.

Just keep offering fresh veggies and see if her tastes change over time.

my daughter loves all food, so I don't have any good tips. sorry. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Im not sure my son has always eaten vegetables he eats tomatoes plain green peppers, carrots I just started him young on the veggies but try eating them in front of her and telling her that they are good.
    aydensophia0408

Answer by aydensophia0408 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2009