I have a 4 yr. old little girl and I am having problems getting her to do her Poop in the potty. She will pee pee in the potty.How do I get her to poop in the Potty? Is there any secrets that I can do?

Potty training

Asked by Ginny742 at 6:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well we did not really push the issue with our dd she is 3 and just started to poop in the potty. when she would go in her underware, we would tell her that it was bad to do that, and if it was solid, we would put it in the potty and show her where it belongs. She has finally got the point and hates to be wet or dirty in her underware. soo. we also would have a little family party when she would go in the potty, just dance and say yay she did it, lol nothing too major just something to make her feel proud and excited to do it again. good luck :)

Answer by mommylee21 at 7:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Poop is a tough one. It took my DD until she was about 5 years old to successfully go in the potty/toilet. I confess that it made me absolutely crazy.

Thing is - that pooping feels funny and if she's ever been constipated you add fear to the mix.

Make sure that she gets plenty of fiber/fruit/water to keep her stool soft. You might sit her on the potty/toilet every morning after breakfast - if only for 1-2 minutes to encourage her to go (give her a book/game to occupy herself).

When she's "old enough" - the trick that worked for me was to start tossing out the underwear that she pooped in. Told her when they were gone, she couldn't participate in any more "big girl" activities since she didn't have any panties. Worked like a charm (then again, she was much older than 3........)

Answer by auroragold at 7:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Go to and type in Free Printable Potty Charts and print some up, then go buy some stickers. Let her know every time she goes Pee Pee she will get ONE sticker and when she goes Poopy she will get TWO stickers! Let her know that at the End of the Week if she does good with the Sticker Chart - for example she does 3 whole days going to the potty out of 7 days - you will take her to get a Prize.

Good Luck! :)

Answer by ProudOhioMom at 12:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2008