How has the H1N1 virus effected you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• Other than finding the constant "are you going to get the 1N1 Shot" questions and constant news coverage being highly annoying... It hasn't.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My husband and daughter had it this summer. My other two kids did not get it, but I felt like I was coming down with something for a few days. They were sick, but no more sick than the other flu. I think it's overhyped. It definitely does not convince me to run out and get a swine flu shot for the family.
    Anonymous

• It's turned my husband into a complete germaphobe. He doesn't want us going out. He says we have to keep a bottle of hand sanitizer with us at all times, which isn't a bad thing, but geez, being reminded about it ten times a day is driving me crazy! His nephew had it and has to be hospitalized. One kid from his school also had it and died, but it wasn't determined if it was directly linked to the swine flu.
    Anonymous

• I am a tad freaked that the symptoms can really vary from one person to another. Some people have typical symptoms and others not at all and then they are dead four days later. It concerns me because I usually don't want to leap to panic with a cold or fever but now I feel like with every little malady I need to get my kid checked so we get the Tamiflu in time. Ugh.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My daughter had it in May. It was the frickin' flu. 3.5 days of fever (highest was 102.5), a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross boody nose.

The vaccine manufacturers have done an awesome job scaring the crap out of people in order to sell more vaccines.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2009