for moms who started giving baby food around 2months old

no bashing by anyone!

how much baby food did you give your 2 month old? he still seems hungry....
offering more formula didn't work he spits it out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My middle started eating baby food, mostly cereal, around this age. Quoting my doctor here "if the boy's hungry, feed him!" As long as he's getting the recommended amount of formula for his age (been a while since I've formula fed so I don't remember) let him have as much he'll want. He'll tell you when he's not hungry anymore.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• is he burping good? my son won't take more formula until he has burped. i only give my now 4 month old baby cereal.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I gave my baby rice cereal at 2.5 months old and he liked it Dr. told me to put it in his bottle first so I did and after 2 week I fed it to him out of a bowl and now he is 6 months old and has been eating cereal and still is and started baby food at 4 months. It helps him to be more full he was eating every 2 hours and the dr. said he should at least be going 3 hours and just make sure if you give him baby food to do one food then wait like 4 days then do another so if the baby has an allergy you know what food it's to. My son has one to peaches (as I hear lots of babie do and they grow out of it.) and sweet potatos. Hope this helps. My son is super healthy and happy. Give your abby what they need and want don't lsiten to everyone that says not to their baby is totally different than yours is. Jsut remember that. :) Good luck mama :)
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 1:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i would try burping him he may just have a bubble and im not bashing but you do relize that at 2 months old their bellys cant digest cereal well and you are risky him getting really constipated from it. I dont recommend feeding him cereal if you think you must feed him food pick something thats easy to digest apples or bananas or acacado is a really good first food.
    Anonymous

• thanks ladies! i was just wondering b/c he will not take his bottle if i have been cooking & he smells it, he don't want the milk he wants food....i don't want him to be hungry :(
    Anonymous

• op here- i said baby food not cereal i haven't given him any cereal
    Anonymous