Please hurry and help me. How do you stop a bloody nose?

Its been like this for over 20 min. Please help me. Im already anemic and have other medical problems with my heart so i need this to stop now! And i cant get ahold of my Husband to come home and help me i need advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• DO NOT tilt your head back...thats always the one mistake everyone makes...it will STILL bleed but instead run down the back of your throat...and swallowing alot of blood can make you sick. instead keep your head at a normal level and pinch the bridge of your nose....if its been bleeding that long though...i would really reccomend finding a way to the er...i had one that severe before and they had to use this black stuff inside my nose to stop it...it didnt hurt but made me want to sneeze soooooooo bad!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• hold your head forward
    Anonymous

• Cold pack on the back of the neck. calm down...do you have a neighbor nearby that can come over?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Pinch the nose to apply pressure to stop the bleeding.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I dont know anyone who lives around me. The only people i know are in the military and are at work.

by the way OP here
    Anonymous

• hold your head forward and put pressure with your finger and thumb at the bridge of your nose. stay calm and call your dr office or the er.
    Anonymous

• hold head forward and put pressure on it. if it doesnt stop bleeding soon go in.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Ice on the base of your neck. This is what I was told when I called 911 for a friend who was bleeding profusely. It clots the blood.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2009