Everytime you pee,you have to wipe front to back?

Kind answers please,I know I should know this but I don't.I have had urinary tract infections so I'm wondering if not wiping a certain way has caused it but want to know really how to wipe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• Every time you wipe your pee area make sure to wipe backwards...by wipeing forwards you run the risk of dragging fecal matter into that area. So you need to wipe from the clitoral area back to the anal area.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• it's recommended but i wipe back to front lol never had a uti though
    Anonymous

• i doubt you got that from wiping incorrectly...yes it is possible to, and children get them often for that reason...but as an adult we tend to wipe better than children do. If your pregnant you can get a uti just from looking crosseyed...LOL but with me i was getting them alot cause i looooove bubble baths...my doc said thats a sure way to get an infection...and to just do bubble baths less often...lol
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I'm too uncoordinated to wipe the right way...lol I make a concerted effort however, to just touch the urinary hole(?...lol) and not go anywhere near the anus when I wipe...I've had one UTI in 20 yrs...if you have sex doggie style I guess that can cause UTI's too...I think that's how I got mine.
    Anonymous

• There are several reasons why women get frequent UTI's..... you need to wipe front to back, to avoid getting e coli in the urinary tract, drink plenty of water, you can drink cranberry juice, or take cranberry pills if you dont like the juice, make sure you go to the bathroom after sex to pee, it actually makes a difference, and also, bubble baths also can introduce bacteria or change the normal bacteria. So, if you are doing all these things and still getting UTI's, your doc needs to investigate further into the reasons for the UTI's.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Yes!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2009