do you live in a rural area? Have a hard time making friends ecause of it? Have you made cafemom friends around your area?

I live in a remote area where all the towns around me are 30 miles or more away. So when I'm on cafemom and find someone that lives in one of those towns 30 to 40 miles away from me...I get excited and send a message, things will go good as long as I do not say the exact area I am in. Once I let them know...or say it up front....I get dumped! No more friendship or what could be friendship.
My remote area is next to a reservation. These bigger areas think poorly of the native americans and have nothing to base their feelings on. Except they get a check every month and free houseing for being native. Personally I think the natives are warm and loving.
Anyway I get so mad and let down when I get dumped as soon as I say the area I am in

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• the native americans should get more than that bull crap & piss on ppl who think poorly of them! they had their land taken away!
    Anonymous

• well that tells you who you're true friends are then aye? if they dump you because of where you live, they arent worth the friendship. i'm sorry! that sucks! I live in a rural area, but not too far from the main part of town (although it feels and looks like it). most of the moms I have met (and many from a local cafemom group and library playgroup) live way on the other side of town, but we manage to set up playdates in the middle ground at playgrounds. is there a library close by? you outta see if they have playgroups and/or storytimes for kids! if you dont know of any playgroups where you live, perhaps this is the opportunity to create one yourself! I'm sure other moms in the area are waiting around for something like that to start!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• OP HERE~ I'm not against the free money or housing, I don't really care. If more people were taught the history of the natives then more people would get a heart.
    Anyway I am remote, have to go 30 miles to get anything done, and No moms on here that I have found want anything to do with me once they realize the area I have to drive from. I'm not native but I care about all people and see a persons color...I see their attitude and personality first and foremost
    then try to figure if that person is really that way or just having a bad day.
    Anonymous

• I joined a local playgroup here on CafeMom and have made wonderful friends! We get together often and the kids all play well together!
    HappyHomeMommy

Answer by HappyHomeMommy at 2:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• That is what I was hoping to do when I joined cafemom....get to know other moms and meet up with them
    Anonymous