need some answers please

no bashing by anyone!
for moms who gave baby food around 2 months old

how much baby food did you give your 2 month old? BABY FOOD not cereal (the stage one jars are 2.5 oz is that too much or just enough?)

he refuses his bottle & burping and offering more formula didn't work he spits it out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i actually had a friend that mixed a bottle with food and baby cereal believe it or not.. he gained an insane amount of weight tho.. cuz thats about the only way she could get him to eat! ive heard of people starting solids at 3 and 4 weeks... cereals and what not... i mean it may not be the best timing, but if u feel that its better to give then nothing at all.. or that this is giving him more, etc, do it. you may want to check with ur dr to be sure, but maybe its just he is ready a little sooner to start solids? each kid is different, drastically so. so if he does alright with it.. and doesnt seem to show any adverse effects... why not?
    juandmad09

Answer by juandmad09 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• you may need to switch formula. He is too young too digest baby food. call his dr and talk to a nurse
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• The only thing I have to say is that if you are giving baby food, it tastes better than formula so of course he would refuse formula...unfortunately, he needs the nutrition in the formula to grow so I'd go back to cereal (mixed with a little juice) around 3 oz daily and then the rest is formula
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i would onlly give him half that jar he really needs formula at this age and really thats all he needs. i wouldnt be giving him baby food at all its hard to digest at this age.
    Anonymous

• and giving them food at the age makes the risk of food allergies greater. I would def call the dr. Maybe there is something wrong. id call to be safe GL :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• he only gets a little baby food a day, i don't cut out formula completley he still takes about 30oz of formula a day he acts hungry but will not take the bottle that was BEFORE i gave baby food, all i asked was how much did/do other moms give at this age?
    Anonymous

• Not going to bash...but you should really ask your doctor! I don't think a 2 month old is ready for baby food yet. Maybe try a few flakes of cereal in a bottle. Or try a different bottle. Or maybe he has acid reflux and this should be discussed with his doctor.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Just a spoonful or two at a time. Space out the feedings throughout the day. I didnt start until my ds was 3 months. Just a lil advice on the cereal ( I know what you sad) but if you mix it w/ water instead om milk, there is a better chanceof them liking it. I say this because it has more vitimines the the jars. Try not to feed lots of empty calories.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• None at that age. Have you talked to his peditrician about giving him baby food? The doc will be able to answer your question better.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• 30 oz of formula a day for a 2 month old sounds like a lot...why he would he also need the baby food? You're overfeeding him....IMO.
    Anonymous