Have you read this story?

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2009/10/on-the-web-its-not-always-easy-to-know-who-your-friends-are-mistakes-in-judgment-can-be-very-costly--internet-imposters.html?GT1=43001

Sorry don't know how to post a clickable link but the story is about people getting scammed on Facebook. Their friends profiles get hacked and then the hacker will send messages to all their friends saying they were robbed in another country and need money. Then the friends blindly send money, never to see it again. I would think that people wiring thousands of dollars would want to talk to their friends first wouldn't they? I would at least, before I send off that much money to someone! And if you didn't know your friend was leaving the country, wouldn't it seem odd to get a message from them on Facebook saying that, rather then a regular email account or a phone call? IDK it just seems to me like this can easily be prevented.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The people that fall for this also send money to save a Nigerian princess, cash checks and send money back before a "courier" comes to buy an item, and sends personal information to employers who are paying $100 an hour with no experience. I would never wire anyone money until they contacted me personally. If you can get internet access, you can get a hold of a phone.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• just got off face book.it was to easy to find out peoples info even if it was private.to easy to scam...caused a big riff in my family.so i cancelled it.i can see how it could happen.
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• people that stupid deserve to get robbed!! Its the same type of deal when you get an email from a foreign lawyer who wants to give you millions from your distant dead relatives estate- all you have to do is send him $1000 for precessing fees!!!! it's so ridiculous if people would take the time to actually use their brains. I don't feel sorry for people who cant think!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• What makes me laugh is when I get an email from my "long lost cousin in Nigeria" who died and left me millions...roflmao! I don't mean this in a racist way, so don't think that way..but I'm white and don't have any relatives in Nigeria.
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 2:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Here is the link in click able form     

Do not send money to anyone even if standing in front of you.  People are desperate and just mean.

Anonymous

• This just happened to a friend of mine. And she knew right away that it was a scam because she just talked with this "friend" who obviously could not be in two places at once....not sure how they dealt with the situation.
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt send money to anyone either unless they called me directly and I spoke to them and could help.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2009