Did this happen to you?

Hi,
I'm asking for my sister-in-law. She always gets her period on time-never late,I mean even the same hour. She is 6 dys late which never happened before but her pregnancy test shows negative. Can she still be pregnant just the levels in her urine won't show it yet? Did this happened to you that your test was negatibe but you were actually pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• she can still be pregnant and its too early to tell on the hpt. tell her to wait a couple of days and then try again
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• usually a home pregnancy test would be accurate at 6 days late, but not necessarily. sometimes the HCG levels go up at a slower rate, or her ovulation could have been delayed for some reason and she ovulated later than she thought, and i read on the website peeonastick.com yesterday that sometimes a woman will never get a positive test. for some reason for some women the HCG does not go into the urine ??? weird right? if i were her i would either test again everyday until my period came, or try to get a blood test from the dr. or health department :) actually i'm a needle-phobe so i would probably just keep testing and live like i was pregnant until i got my period
    Anonymous

• yes
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• this happened to someone in the TTC group recently. her period was like 2 weeks late before she finally got a positive on a pregnancy test.
    Anonymous

• Yes, she could still be pregnant. I've known people who have taken multiple at home prego tests, and they were negative, but THEY WERE PREGNANT. They took a blood test at the doc office to find out they were actually pregnant. Tell her to get a blood test.
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 2:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Sometimes it can take up to two weeks for a home pregnancy test to generate a positie result.
    SweeThang931

Answer by SweeThang931 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2009