When YOU go on a diet, do you make everyone else in your home go on the diet as well?

IE, do you make separate meals for yourself, or does everyone have to eat what you can eat?

Asked by caitxrawks at 1:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, but I don't buy the junk either...if they want it, they better get up and get it.

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I'm planning on cooking healthier meals for everyone so we can all benefit from eating right and feeling good.

• I'm only making one meal. If I'm eating healthy, everyone should be, as well. My kids have always been fed healthy foods for meals, so they're used to it. They're also able to enjoy snacks and treats though, regardless of what I'm eating.

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• the only diet I have ever been on is weight watchers, and since they focus on healthy food and portion control, its not a big thing if we all eat it together. My husband loved it when I was on weight watchers cause he lost weight too. my son will eat anything so he doesnt mind either!

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Our kids are little, so they generally eat much earlier than DH and I anyway...but when I'm dieting, Dh has the option to eat what I make or make something himself, 9 times out of 10 he eats what I'm eating and enjoys it. I also do WW, so its normal foods, lots of grilled chicken and salad.

Answer by gramsmom at 2:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My kids and husband eat basically the same thing I do especially at dinner. We have adopted much healthier eating habits. I have lost 20 lbs in about 3 months, and my kids are so much healthier now too. I am on a low-fat, low-sodium dairy free diet. The kids still get their dairy in their cereal at breakfast and they get a small amount of cheese with a meal if it goes with it (like burritos, chili, etc). During the day we snack on fruit and they get yogurt too. For dinners we eat lean meats, fresh or frozen vegetables, and beans. I think that even kids can benefit from eating healthy. Not a "diet" where you go and buy diet soda, low fat cupcakes (loaded with salt and sugar), and tons of low fat processed foods. It is much easier to make it a lifelong eating habit if you teach them when they are young

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• No. I buy the organic and diet foods I want and cook and eat for myself. I cook seperate for them.

Answer by bella69147 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I've been buying organic and cooking from scratch for over a year. It's hard work but so worth it. I used to think people who bought organic were nuts but I'm more cynical nowadays.

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Meant to add DD eats what I eat. From spicy curries to brussel sprouts.

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I eat half portions of whatever I cook for all of us. I have lost weight by cutting my portions in half. It would be too complicated to cook a seperate meal. Besides, when you diet you shouldn't use some strange meal plan should just cut calories and get more exercise every day,like walking.