why is it odd for a man to come to a baby shower

i am haveing a baby shower first one.i want to invite everyone that i know.even the men.but i have a few ladys tell me thats its stupid to invite men to a baby shower when the men are willing to come and have a good time.i just wanna know why is it so wrong for men to be there

brittanymomma

Asked by brittanymomma at 1:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My FIL, husband, brother, BIL, dad, and grandad were at mine.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• it's all in finding a guy that WANTS to go to a baby shower, at least a traditional one where you spend an hour opening presents and talking about lactating and contractions and playing baby games
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i don't think it's wrong. some people are just more traditional, but personally i think it's silly not to involve the men in your life :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Its not. My baby shower with my first was co-ed and we had a blast.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Men don't want to goto a baby shower. Unless you add beer and grill something.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes they are invited. In this area they usually aren't. Sometimes baby showers are a chance for ladies to talk about their pregnancy and labor and delivery and baby care- diaper changes, spit up, and so forth, and guys often aren't into all of that. If guys are there, then it changes the tone of the party from moms chatting about intimate stuff, to just a party with cute gifts. If you want to include the guys, go for it!

Answer by Bmat at 1:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Ive been thinking about making my baby shower Co-Ed. With my first, my best guy friend was at the shower, too, with 15 other girls. Traditional showers are just awkward to begin with!!! Make it a party, and not a present opening session.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 2:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I had a Jack and Jill shower, but instead of having baby shower games and present opening, I just had a big party. Everyone was invited and we had a big cookout w/ cocktails and beer. It was a lot of fun.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• There were like 5 guys at my baby shower. I didnt think twice about inviting them. They had a blast even if they had to guess the size of my tummy (in fact one of my male friends, who won the guess the size of my tummy game kept the yarn as a bracelet, lol) and eat baby food, lol. I dont think theres anything wrong with it. But we didnt spend any time talking about lactation or contractions and they didnt really care about the lack of beer.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• There were men at BOTH of my baby showers! I don't think it is stupid for men to come.
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 2:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2009