What to expect from Provera

So DH and I are going out of town from Friday to Monday for our first wedding anniversary. However, my OB just prescribed Provera today. I am unsure when AF will start, and from what I've heard, it varies from person to person. Last month I had a 31 day cycle, the month before that a 46. Otherwise they've ranged from 24 - 28 days. Any idea when I might expect it?

Another question - My OB wants me to then come in for Day 3 bloodwork . Will the results be "accurate" after taking Provera? In other words, will this period be a "real" one, and can the results tell me what's going on?

Thanks!

jen2100

Asked by jen2100 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• ok mine always started a week to 10days after i took the last pill, the bloodwork should probably tell you why your periods are so scarce and ob should be able to tell you how to get them more regular good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 4:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2009