another real quick question...plz

his temp is 99.3 under his aarm and when u add the degree like ur supposed to its 100.3, which is a temp in a newborn...he got his second hep b shot yesterday, does that cause a temp..it sisnt with his first..i did give him his tylenol..but still..does hep b cause a temp?

eSnA2008

Asked by eSnA2008 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine always got temps with every shot...I think it had to do with the stress from it. As long as tylenol alternated with motrin takes it down and controls it and there isn't any other side effects, I never worried. If you are concerned you should call the doc
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• One thing I have come to the conclussion with shots and temperatures with babies.....ask your doctors office. Because you will get an array of Opinions on here. And you want a deffinitive Answer.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• up to 100.4 is normal in a newborn. and underarm is far from accurate. If you are concerned, take it rectally. but I'd say pass on the tylenol. Let his body fight if that's what it's doing. Only offer tylenol if he's obviously uncomfortable/hurting or the temp is too high.
    Anonymous

• My dd just had her 4 month shots and she had a fever the next day - started at 102 and went down...I didn't notice a temp after her first set of shots either.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2009