• In the Spotlight:

My daughter is 18 months old and she is always playing with her belly button and she pulls on it. Its an outie belly button. Could there be something wrong?

AudreysMommy141

Asked by AudreysMommy141 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• In my opinion, it's just because it sticks out and it' at arms reach- my son has an outie and I sometimes play with it when he's sitting in my lap because it's just there and so cute! I think you would know if it hurt her.
    Anonymous

• My son is almost 3 and still plays with his!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My son has an innie and plays with his. Whenever he does I just take the chance to teach him other body parts. * Wheres your belly button? great!! Now wheres your nose? Thats right!* and so on. Its completely normal ^.^
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 6:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My daughter is 21 months old and she has been playing with her bell button since she first found it at six months old.She likes to stick things in it,play with it,and so on.I went into the living room one day after going pee and she had a tortilla in it.I asked her why and she told me that she was "shaving" (saving) it for later.LOL!!My daughter has an inny,but an outy.When she stands up it sticks out,but when she sets down it goes in.She just likes to play wiht it.That is what I think that your child is doing as well.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2009