12 weeks....

12 Weeks pregnant and have always had my hair permed. Is it bad to do this right now? Will my hair take it? Is the smell bad for baby?

Thanks

racingmomma

Asked by racingmomma at 3:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its not bad but your hair will most likely refuse it. Your hormones will cause your hair to go straight so be ready if your gonna do it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't. Your hair might not take like it usually does. You could end up like a poodle or with straight hair.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Different doctors will tell you different things. Most will tell you that there has not been anything to prove that it causes any problems. Please stay in a well ventilated area...like open a window...the smell can cause your nausea to act up or over whelm you. So yeah you can, keep the area aired out a bit and try not to do it too often, and it will take like it normally does.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Oh I am sorry I thought you were talking about coloring your hair...perming is not recommended. Sorry for the confusion! And no it might not take, and those chemicals sit on your scalp way too long! Please put it off, if you want check with your doctor and see what they say. But from my experience it is a big no!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2009