why is it

that my 5 mo DD will not just go to sleep??? it is a fight the last 2 weeks. Before this she was fine and would go no preoblem. Once she is asleep she stays asleep, but lately she doesnt want anything to do with naps and betime. What do I do?
Also, How often should she be taking naps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could she be teething? I know about that age my little one went from napping twice a day to once a day.. could this be part of your issue?
    Anonymous

• i feel like it haas to be, but i dont see or feel any teeth? she drools and chews on everything..
    Anonymous

• lol it seems we have the same problem my friend. she used to sleep through the night without waking up, but now she's been waking up in the middle of the night. She was sick AND teething. I'm sure after things feels better on her that she'd go right back to being a sleeping angel.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 5:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• they can teeth for up to 2 months sometimes or longer before one can actuall pop through.. ugh.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Maybe a growth spurt? Teething can take forever also
    Anonymous

• my 4 month old just went through a stage like this - lasted about a week but as of last night I think it's over - I HOPE! From the research I did I think she was having a growth spurt...maybe yours is too...could also be teething at that age. Babies go through so many stages, I'm sure this will pass soon...good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Around 4 months babies tend to fight off sleep, it is called the wakeful baby. They fight sleep because they are just now at the age of realizing new things in their surroundings. It is a stage and will pass. Hang in there and try to make it very uninteresting before bed.

Anonymous