Has anyone ever had an abortion and how did you feel afterwards?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 22 years ago 3 months and 4 days ago and I seem to go through the entire thing every day since it happened.
    Anonymous

• I have never had an abortion but I came close with my last child. I went as far as making the appointment and getting in the car to go to the clinic. Instead DH and I ended up at a restaurant. After talking and crying for about 2 hours we came to the conclusion that it just was not something that we could go through with.

Anonymous

• I have not, but I went with my sister when she had hers, and it was very hard for her, and very hard for me as well. Im sure not as hard as it was for her, but I had and still have alot of guilt thinking I helped kill my neice or nephew. I could never do it but I am pro choice and think if you decide its whats right for you and your family, you should be able to make that decision.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I did about 5 years ago. I was in a real bad place, physically and mentally. When I made the decision to get it done, I made the decision to get my life together. Ever since then I have been on the right track, and am able to be a good mother to my kid. No regrets.
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 4:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I had one, and it was hard. My Fiance (now DH) left for basic THE NEXT DAY and it was a rough patch in my life. When I did it I was on BC and kept saying "I did everything right, why is this happening now?" so it really was a case of not wanting the child and making an effort not to have it. I was in college, knew I had nowhere to go and nobody to turn to if I had kept it, or even if I had put it up for adoption. I did it, I cried afterward. I pulled myself together for a few weeks, then fell apart again. I ended up really depressed but what the doctor actually told me is the pregnancy hormone is higher at 7 weeks then it is for most of your pregnancy and so I crashed after it and nobody told me it would happen. About 5 weeks later I was fine. I don't regret it, it was teh best action for myself and DH.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 5:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I had one 6 1/2 years ago. I think about it every day. The baby would be turning 6 in November. It wasn't something I wanted to do, but I didn't feel I had a choice. I was in an abusive relationship and he was determined I wasn't having the baby one way or another. Now I wish I would have told him to kiss it and left. I talked with several other ladies while I was at the clinic, and its a HUGE emotional toll. They don't tell you that.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I have had two and it never bothered me mentally or emotionally. it was just what you did when you got pregnant. if it wasn't for my boyfriend right now i'd have three under my belt, but instead i'm 9 months pregnant. that makes me kind of uncomfortable- but this baby has been so blessed already, it had to have happened for a reason.
    Anonymous

• i almost had one i went to the first appointment and i remember seeing all those girls drugged in a room with their green gowns on......this was 9 years ago and i still remember it they did the initial examination i saw my baby.....i remember the protesters outside i ended up not doing it...i think it is a hard decision anywoman has to make and either way it goes you need to be strong
    Anonymous