How much do you spend on your kids for Christmas?

I'm making our Christmas list so we can start budgeting to make sure we get what we want and are able to get our parents something nice! But I was wondering, what do you usually get your kids for Christmas? The last few years, we have gone all out for my stepson and this year, I'd like to get him something nice, but I'd also like for my husband and I to get something nice as well.. The last few years we've gotten my stepson EVERYTHING he wanted and then some! Haha.. But what do you usually get your kids?

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We usually get my daughter 1 big thing that costs anywhere from $50-$100, and a bunch of little stuff, like books, and puzzles.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 3:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• On average $300 for our whole family. That includes our family game we get every year, a puzzle for the family,2-4 books/novels per child, and some small things they've asked for throughout the year, usually only one item for my husband and one for myself is under there.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 4:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• agree with PP. We get our daughter something big and then smaller stuff. Prob spend up to $300 on her alone. Cant help it! Shes my only baby for now :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Whatever I can afford. Last year, I only had enough to spend $50 on each (3 kids). But years before, when there was just 2, probably about 50 to 100 each. I'm lucky, in that, though they would like the materal things, they are often VERY grateful what they get, because they are lucky to get it (and they know it).
    mommyaunt412

Answer by mommyaunt412 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• We don't budget for Christmas gifts. We just keep putting money into our savings and whatever we have extra on hand close to Christmas gets put with the savings and that is what we use. It is different every year.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2009