How do you feel about the Implanon for birth control?

.I am thinking about getting the Implanon. I don't know much about it so I am wondering what you think about it. I have had some issues with other birth control in the past. The ring and patch both burned me so I had to stop using them. I also had issues with the pill. I would have to change what pill I was taking because it would affect my emotions. All the information anyone could give me would be great may it be GOOD or BAD.
Thank you

justkier

Asked by justkier at 4:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• It's not something I would use, but that is because I have heard too many times that the implanted forms of birth control do not stop ovulation they stop a fertilized egg from becoming attached to the uterine wall and in my personal opinion that is dangerously close to my definition of abortion. (No judgment on ppl who do use this type of bc though, just not right for me ☺)

Anyway the Implanon only lasts for three years and I believe there are other types of implanted birth control that last for five for about the same price. My friend's sister has this and does not like it at all because she will have super heavy long periods followed by months with no periods but she has had the Implanon for less than a year. I don't really have any personal experience with it but maybe this link can help.
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/birth-control-implant-implanon-4243.htm
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2009