Toddler tantrum?

My 13 month old has been very clingy with mommy lately, not daddy at all, and wants to be held constantly, throwing tantrums the entire time. when i am not around she is fine, no crying or anything??? what can i do, this is driving me crazy!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This will pass, if she has a fit, just walk over her and ignore it. Don't give it too much attention. My son still has days where he will do this with me and not with Daddy. They act different with their mommy.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Welcome to toddlerhood! LOL. My son has these times too, he's 16 months. Don't hold her all the time because that encoureges it. Hold her when you know she NEEDS to be held. Have no tolerance for the tantrums. Landon gets a time out for tantrums (1 minute), and after that he is perfectly fine! Good luck mama, it's just a stage!
    megarooniduh

Answer by megarooniduh at 7:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i feel you girl! my 2 year old is right there temper temper! lol it will pass just roll with it! good luck
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 7:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• yea i have a 2 yr old too and ooh i tell you that girl has some lungs lol..its terrible! some days are really good but some are jus so stressful...but my boyfriend/ now her daddy tells me if i dont feed into her fits she will stop and sure enough after about 5 mins she goes and does whatever and stops her fits. but you have to make sure everyone else follows..thats where i have trouble cuz my daughters grandparents loooooove to feed into her fits and that makes it alot harder so...def make sure everyone is on the same page with however you decide to deal with this
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2009