Where is the best place in the backseat for a rear facing carseat...

the left, right or middle? my mom thinks we should put it in the middle b/c if someone were to t-bone us (she's such a worry wart) then the baby would be in the middle. i'm a first time mom and an only child so i'm not sure about this.

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've asked this question myself and the answers I got the most was to put the baby in the middle.  BUT, it's your baby dear, your carseat, your car.  Do what you feel is best.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Behind the passenger seat. You wouldn't want you baby flying out the windshield.

How would the baby fly out of the windshield? That makes no sense to me. If they are strapped in and have the seatbeat on, they aren't going to fly out of the windshield.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Middle is the best.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 4:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Mom is right on this one. The middle is the best if the seat will fit properly there but being on the side isnt the end of the world if that is where you get the safest fit.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 4:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Fly out the windshield???

Now thats just stupid. You are supposed to strap the carseat in, thats why is came with instructions for doing so.
    Anonymous

• Middle is best. Imagine if you get T-Boned. The child will be safest in the middle.
    Anonymous

• The middle is safest. Unfortunately, my car has a hump in the middle so my daughter is on the passenger side.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• middle is safest, but not always feasable. Mine is behind the passenger seat. we cannot use the LATCH with the middle seat and I hate how the seat belt works with my car seat. And behind the driver seat , there's no room for the driver! So do what works best for you.
    Anonymous

• according to the fireman who helped us install, MIDDLE is the safest. of course it depends on what kind of accident, but MIDDLE is best in most situations :) i just don't know what i'm going to do when we have 2 :( put the youngest in the middle and older on the side, or both on the side.
    Anonymous

• middle
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2009