Stepsons eating habits!

Okay, so my SS has horrible eating habits! His mother takes him to school at 7:45 and goes by Mcdonalds EVERY morning! 5 Days a week, every day! And picks him up from After School Care at 6:00 pm and takes him back to Mcdonalds to get dinner! At school, they have chicken nuggets 3 days a week, so when they don't have chicken nuggets, his grandmother takes mcdonalds to him at school! So when he gets here he WILL NOT eat anything except that. Well I don't take him to Mcdonalds everyday and I cook nearly every meal except dinner and we go to places like Ocharleys or Red Lobster. Well this last weekend, I cooked every meal and he tried to skip EVERY meal until he was so hungry he didn't have energy! I've told his BM that he needs to eat more things, but since I'm not his BIO mom, I don't know anything! How do I get him to eat things at our house? And we get him every weekend, Friday- Monday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• OP here.. BTW, he's 8! I left that part out!
    Anonymous

• I would just keep introducing different foods to him, eventually he'll realize you won't be taking him to McDonalds and start trying something different. Try adding fun like breakfast for dinner, or make your own mini pizza.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Yeah, we do have breakfast for dinner sometimes because he will eat pancakes. He says they remind of him of those Mcgriddles! I just hope that eventually he'll learn to eat more things!
    Anonymous

• I would talk to him about nutrition and how your body needs food to make energy. I would give him kid friendly healthy food but feed him all homw cooked meals when he was with me. He will eventualy eat it. I agree with breakfast for dinner, tacos, lasagna, spaghetti, my dd likes spaghetti in taco shell cause of Icarly. make your own biscuit pizzas are fun, alphabet soup (i go to a country store and buy alphabet pasta and my dd eats her veggie soup this way). Who can resist chicken and dumplings :)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Well, there is no law that says dumb idiots aren't allowed to poison their children with fat food.

He is addicted to the garbage. You keep doing the right thing. If he wants to go on a hunger strike, that's fine. He's getting plenty of calories.

If the BM takes issue with you not feeding him trash, tell her that your kids aren't allowed to have that "food" and those are the rules. No fast food in your house.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2009