What would you think of this?

Ok..you have this male friend..your not dating but more than friends. Your at a party and another guy is talking to you and he ask you what the deal is with you and this male friend of yours...you tell the guy your friends. Well a few min later the guy thats interested is outside talking to your male friend. Well after the two guys talk then the guy who seemed interested is hardly talking to you anymore. Do you think that the male friend said something to him or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it is definitely "tween" day on Cafemom. Are you what, 15?
    Anonymous

• I was just thinking, god, are we in college again?
    Anonymous

• Wow.. Anon's are bitches! :)
    Anonymous

• Things like this can happen to grown ups too. I remember after my divorce & i started dating again....i DID feel like a teen. All of a sudden i was thinking "if he says this does it mean..." "If he acts this way towards me, does he like me more than friends?"

The dating scene can be like that.

So, are you interested in the guy who asked whats up? Or are you interested in the friend, who is not a boyfriend, but more than friends? Some fake names might help...lol!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I am more interested in the guy that Im friends with but play with..we will call him Kevin. The other guy and i had been sitting talking for a while..we will call him Frank. Well Frank asked me what the deal with Kevin and I was..he was always walking by and hugging me and getting me drinks. I told Frank that Kevin and I were friends. Then a few min later they went out and were talking after that Frank wouldnt hardly talk anymore. Im more interested in Kevin but he has said he is not looking for a relationship...but then later that night we were snuggled up and he was saying how he missed having someone close to him like that...I am just trying to figure it all out.
    Anonymous

• Since you are closer than friends, ask the guy what was said. If you are not boyfriend/ girlfriend, then he shouldn't mind telling you. If he feels that he is more than that, now is the time for him to tell you, too.

Answer by Bmat at 4:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Maybe Kevin realized that this guy liked you, & took him as a threat. Even though Kevin does not want a serious relationship, it might have made him think a little. Also, even when guys say they don't want strings attached, they are still possesive. He...i can guarantee...would not want you sleeping with another guy. Which is not fare, but guys are just like that. Maybe it made him think a lil. Mabe the thought of you possibly dating someone else was too hard to realize.

FYI, i had very similar relationship w/ the man i'm about to marry. We were just great friends, but couldn't keep our hands off of eachother. He went on a date w/ another woman, & i told him i couldn't do it anymore, that too much of my heart was involved & that i began falling for him & i didn't want a broken heart. Next thing you know, he's begging me to be his gal. 4 years later, we are engaged & happier than ever.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• how can you be just friends but More than friends? Of course your friend said someting to this guy. and he does NOT sound like a very good friend if he's keeping you from getting with another guy. Unless of course he told him truths about you. Talk to your so called friend and find out what he said to guy #2
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• You should focus on your child instead of relationships.
    Anonymous

• They're both on the down low.
    Anonymous