Children being taken away from parents?

Do children get put in foster care because the parent can't pay for rent or medical care?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it would depend on the situation... there is no excuse for no health care. Most states if not all of them have a health care program available for children who are of parents who can't get or can't afford insurance but make to much for regular medicaid. Rent...there are a lot of ways to help with that to if there is a legitimate reason. There is subsidized housing. First time home buyers advantages. United Way has a list of agencies in the persons area to assist with a lack of payment... I think that even CPS would help get the person in contact with these people as long as the parents were trying... they may take the children if the parent is just sitting around doing nothing. Not looking for help or work or batter work.
    Anonymous

• depends
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I don't think anyone can actually answer this honestly.  We will each have our own opinions but what it boils down to are FACTS.  What person is investigating, what state you live in, etc would play a big part in that.  There are places who help pay for rent and there is a thing called Medicaid which pays for medical care.  I think if someone I knew were in this situation, thats what I would tell them to do.  Find some help.  Find a job. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I don't think so. I think they may if the parents don't have a place to live and can't get emergency shelter though- but there are families who live at shelters, in cars, on the street.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 4:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2009