What kind of Internet package do you have and how much does it cost?

My DH and I decided to get it. (I'm using my parents' right now), and we were looking in to the one where you have it through your tv, but I heard that was expensive. I'm pretty sure I want high-speed Internet. I just wanted to hear from others' so I can weigh my options on what I want.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have high speed cable internet, it is 'bundled' into a package deal with my phone and cable tv and cost $160/month. My cable company does have separate internet packages and the cost varies depending on the internet speed.
    Anonymous

• I have wireless internet thru Verizon...hooked to my home pc...my son has it on his laptop...and we love it! It's pretty fast for us. If you get a great signal on your cell phone then it will be great for your computer as well...and it's portable! I pay 50.00/month. Not bad!
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• You don't want mine.

I'm stuck with dialup.

It's just LOADS of fun, lemme tell ya!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Comcast way to much and they drop the connection a lot. DSL through the phone worked 100 a month with phone from at&t. Dropped all of that for wireless sprint Mifi your own hot spot and a separate u727 for both 120 month .I have no land lines just cell phones check out sprint site and att also. www.sprint.com

have not trie any others

Anonymous

• Dialup here, too. As Laura says, loads of fun. Not. I pay $23 a month.

I was talking with a tech a while ago from a virus control company who wanted me to download an upgrade. I'd called to ask if they'd send me the upgrade on CD, and he said they didn't have it on CD, that I'd have to download. He asked how fast my connection was. I told him, and he said, No, I mean your download speed. I said that is my download speed. He said, Ma'am, you can't download this program. Another time I was trying to download software for a drive I have. I had to call the company and tell them it would take 48 hours to download the software. They mailed me a CD.

Answer by Bmat at 4:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Did you know that some sites cant even show up with dial up... Like www.tikilive.com it would just sit there. 

Anonymous

• We have a bundle package through our phone company: Two phone lines w/unlimited long distance, and DSL for about $65 not including taxes.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 5:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• OH yes... I know it all too well.

I've tried playing the little game apps on facebook -- the ONLY one that will halfway work for me is Farm Town. The rest --- no go. I can't watch youtubes or play online games or anything like that.

I homeschool, and it's a real pain. We're missing out on SOOOO much with this friggin' dialup! I found a FREE science curriculum and spent more than a month trying to DL it... kept losing connection before it would finish. My husband finally took a list of sites/DLs I'd been trying to get to work with him.... got them all within minutes.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Here is a solution: If you have a laptop with wifi and a library card you can be on the Internet until they close. If you use the library system then there is a time limit. with the computers

Anonymous

• We have Qwest and we love it. We get the phone and internet for $75 a month and its really good high speed internet, and that includes our unlimited long distance package with qwest too, so I am sure you could get it even cheaper if you wanted just basic phone and high speed internet, and they also offer you a discount if you use Verizon wireless or have DirecTv.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2009