When is it time to move from the crib to a toddler bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When they are ready. If your child is climbing out of his/her crib then it is time to make the transition so they don't get hurt. Don't rush it unless they are ready. My son is 20 months and still in his crib. He has never tried climbing out.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My first son was in a toddler bed at 18mo. That is when he was able to understand he needed to stay in bed and he did. My second and third sons are still in cribs though. My youngest is 17mo. and my middle son is 3. My 3 yr. old has special needs so that is why he is still in a crib, but he will be moving to a toddler bed real soon.....he is almost ready to understand to stay in bed.
    Anonymous

• as soon as you think they can prob crawl out (but before you find out they can by the big CRASH) :)

mine was about 15 months
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• my daughter was 11 months and crawling out. I caught her one night on the way down scary to see but after that she was out of the crib...they will let you know when they are ready. just make sure you have a monitor on
    Anonymous

• my son is 24 months and still in his crib. i CANNOT believe he has not climbed out yet. i know he could if he ever got the idea...

my friend has twins and they were still in their cribs when they could climb out. they never got hurt :)
    Anonymous