Husband is coming home from Iraq

DH has been gone on a 15 month deployment and will be back in 42 days. I have been wondering what kind of birth control to start. Any ideals I was on the nuvaring before he left and Im not a fan of it. I go see my OB/GYN the 19th so toss some ideals out at me so i can think of this. What has been your best BC method?

dewey_scoles

Asked by dewey_scoles at 4:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sorry not a birth control answer but That is wonderful your husband is coming home. I appreciate his sacrifice and yours too. Tell him thank you for his service.
    Anonymous

• I have serious issues with bc, but I know a bit about all of them. If you are not wanting another baby for a while, you could try Implanon. It is implanted in your arm for 3 years. I would have loved it, except I had the sucky side effect of having an almost constant period. Only a low percentage of women get it. As a matter of fact, I was the only one my gyn had heard of getting it and she had a fairly large practice. 

Psylocke

Answer by Psylocke at 4:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I take the generic pill for Ortho. Its called Sprintec and I never gained weight on it where I had on other pills. The only problem is you have to remember to take your pill everyday.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• ditto to above.....and try the patch it goes in to affect the quickest i think
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Oh and Congrats on having your husband come home. We appreciate everything he has done.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I have the Paragurad IUD. I love not having to worry about taking something in and out or having to take something every day.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Tell him welcome home, and thank you! I found the pill to be the least inconvienent and the least weight gain. MY DH was in Desert Storm, so be prepared to get worn out--LOL God Bless you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I hear you completely!!!!! My DH came in two nights ago from Iraq after a VERY VERY long 15 mo deployment!!! I went on Yaz about two months ago and had some of the minor side effects the first two weeks or so.

Welcome Home and thank you!!!!!! I know you're getting excited! These are the slowest days I swear.... the ones right before he flies in!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Thank you for your support ladies...I will give him a big thank you when he gets in.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 4:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• paraguard IUD has no hormones and lasts about 10 years-it can be taken out when you want. I've had it for a year and my periods are alot heavier,but last 4 or 5 days and i don't get cramps
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 4:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2009