harsh barking cough

my daughter has had this cough for 2 days now its worse when she is sleeping. I have a feeling its croup. She has had a temp of 101.3 and vomiting today i got the temp down but is there anything I can do for the cough? Should I see a doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it's the croup, sitting in the bathroom with her with the door closed and the shower running really hot steamy water will help. Also, I would run a vaporizer in her room at night. If she seems to be having difficulty breathing, then I would have her seen by a doctor.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I would bet that it is in fact croup.

Put a cold air humidifier in her bedroom. Do not give her milk products (they will only make her cough more)
    Anonymous

• I would take her to the doctor just to be safe. It could be croupe, try putting her in the bathroom with you and turn your shower on the hottest it will go and just sit there and let her breath the steam in.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I would take to doc. My daughter gets a nasty sounding cough like that with bronchitis
    Anonymous

• Check online. There are files online on alot of websites taht let you listen to what croup sounds like. Same with whooping cough.
    When my son had croup the only thing that helped was going outside ( it was winter) if its cold, bundle your kid up reaaalllyyyy good. Couple of blankets. Then just sit outside. The cold air helps with the swelling. Take her to the doctor if you feel you need to. They will give her steriods to help bring down the swelling in her throat. Just double check on the internet that the coughing doesnt sound like whooping cough. Because with that one I believe you do hot instead of cold to help with the cough.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 6:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• thats how my ds started was w/ the cough & fever & it turned into being the h1n1 flu. call the dr.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 7:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2009