Does anyone else feel like...

Dreft doesnt even clean the clothes? It makes them smell good, but doesnt get out formula or poop stains!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep, I only used that detergent for the first couple of months. My son never had a reaction to anything else. Plus its really expensive.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My pedi told me that using Dreft or another baby detergent is only really necessary if you know that your child has really sensitive skin and/or has a rash that some detergents might irritate.
    We used our regular detergent from the get-go and my DS never had a problem.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Yes. What works much better is to use a free and clear detergent .. The off brands are pretty cheap and work pretty well in hot water. I have very sensitive skin and I always have used a nature-friendly free and clear detergent. These actually have less irritating chemicals (skin wise) than the dreft but seem to work better to get things clean.

Another issue could be if your water is very hard. My water is -very- hard (we have to drink bottled or use a filter) and so the soap barely works on our clothes. I use 1 1/2 the recommended amount and that usually works pretty well.

If you like the smell of it, tho, use 1/4 dreft 3/4 free and clear.

And, SPOT CLEAN. If there is a blow-out - immediately put it in a sink, rub it out, with hot water and dish soap. Generally it gets the stain out before it sets in. I know that works with pooh, not sure on formula because I don't use it.
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 4:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• It's really not a good detergent. I love love love Lil Outlaws!
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 4:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• lol and of course I disinfect my sink after I get the poopy onesie or whatever cleaned up.
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 4:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i totally agree! that stuff is way to expensive to do wat it does. there is a off brand baby detergent in target that works the same way too. i say if it works nd doesn't make him/her react badly than save your money
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 4:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• dreft is a waste of money.. just buy any brand of detergent without dyes and perfumes and it will be better and cheaper! :)
    Anonymous