Have you ever had a dream that your child died?

I had a dream last night that my 2 year old died right infront of me.
I woke up crying, I couldn't stop - I could barely breathe - I picked her up and I hugged her - I couldn't help myself, I woke her up but it was almost 7am anyway - so we went downstairs and had breakfast and snuggled under a blanket.

It was the worst dream I've ever had, and I'm almost afraid to go to sleep again incase I have another one. :(

Has anyone else drempt their child died?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I did all the time... it was horrible!!!! They started after DH went to Iraq and it was just me to protect her. I guess I got used to them.... i hug her more during the day for sure and don't seem to get those dreams as much anymore. They are one of the worst dreams I've ever had
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• No, but my daughter had a dream that i died. I think it was due to the fact that i was taking a trip to WA, & she could not come. It was a very horrible dream for her though. I think that sometimes, our fears can manifest as dreams. I have dreams that DH cheated on me, even know i know he would never & has incredible love for me. But yeah, i think those dreams come from the fear section of our brain. Dreams are so strange...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Not of my kids but I dreamt my sister died once. I woke up crying so hard, my chest hurt! Then the same sister dreamt our little cousin died, then when she woke up, she found out that our cousin had gotten beaten up. Then about a year later, our same cousin she was dreaming about died when she was hit by a car.
    Anonymous

• I had a dream I was holding my youngest in my arms and he was dying. I could see him and feel him like it was really happening. I woke myself crying. Hubby say's I have the worst dreams, and has never known anyone to remember them like I do.. I don't know, some nights I feel like I haven't slept because of being up all night in my dreams,lol.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• When I was 10 or 11 I had a dream that my dad died. It was awful. I'm 28 and he's still kicking, so it wasn't a preminition or anything.

My first daughter was stillborn, I've lived that nightmare, and I think even my subconcious is afaid to go there.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Kind of. With both of my DDs I dreamed I had a miscarriage before I even knew I was pregnant. I dreamed of having a miscarriage with my second quite a few times after I found out I was pregnant.

When I was very pregnant with my second born, I dreamt I put her down in my bed to sleep. I went outside to a picnic table and hung out with friends. I went in to check on the baby a short while later, and I couldn't find her head. There was no blood, but I couldn't find her head in all the blankets. I was horrified when I woke up, and wrote it downs in a journal. I had forgotten that dream until I read it a couple months ago . .
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i had one once that she was hit by a semi, it was the worst dream i have ever had. i cried for hours
    heidi1439

Answer by heidi1439 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2009