did you enjoy your babymoon?

hi everyone. my son is 2 now. but i am just curious about who really loved their babymoon? do/did you love having a newborn baby?

i did love my son from the very beginning but i have to say that i did not really enjoy having a newborn. i was so exhausted and nervous. lol. of course there were things i did love, like getting to know a brand new person! but overall i was happy when he got older and more independent. oh and i was also happy once he was out of SIDS risk. :P i'm sure i sound like a major worrier.

i'm hoping for responses from both ends of the spectrum. and middle :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was SURE that I wouldn't love the baby stage, but it turned out to be THE BEST. I am very lucky, though, my dd is a really great baby...I used to tell everyone before/while I was pregnant that I wished I could just give birth to a 2 year old - LOL! But wow I was really wrong...my dd is 4 months old and I wouldn't change a thing!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• You're supposed to love having a newborn? **grin**

No, honestly, I did NOT like the newborn phase. Mine was eating all the time and virtually never slept.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I'm with ya on that one anonymous! I LOVE my daughter with all of my heart BUT i wasn't a huge fan of the newborn stage....I'm sure my feelings have a little bit to do with the fact that I had PPD. But that's all behind me and NOW she's 10 months old and it's starting to get really fun!
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i'm OP, yeah my son woke frequently and took forever to nurse... i was so sleepy. he actually woke frequently until he was 18 mos, but then at least i could get him back to sleep really fast.
    Anonymous

• nope. did not enjoy the newborn stage. my babies liked to eat ALL the time! kept me up constantly! i like to get at least a tiny bit of sleep! BTW, i have 2 kids..one is 8 years old and the other 18 months. even though it was hard, i love them more than life!!!!
    Anonymous

• I STILL occasionally peek in on my 15 and 17 year old teens at night  when they are sleeping, to make sure they are OK. Your just being a mom. : )

backroadsmom

Answer by backroadsmom at 11:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2009