He's just a gassy baby?

My almost 6 month old is EBF, he's just started tasting (only tasting) table food. But he wakes up every night not screaming but a little fussy and tooting...ugh NO matter what I eat or omit from my diet he's gassy, should I just switch him over to formula cause at least that way it will be consistent...so this may seem like a dumb question but nothing is ending this gas...he's been this way since birth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he's having trouble with nursing and gas formula will only make it 100 times worse. You could try an elimination diet, or you could try removing the table food from his diet for now. Also, he might just be having a growth spurt, and the tooting has nothing to do with it.

Stick with nursing... that will always be best fo rhim.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I agree! Don't switch to formula for this reason! Babies cry for lots of reasons and if his gas is that bad you should ask your doc what might help - formula messes with their tummies even more, expecially now that his tummy has to adapt to something new. It's okay if he's gassy - I know it annoys him but it's not really hurting him. Have you tried gripe water? That works for my dd....good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Two words: Gripe Water. The best thing EVER for gassy babies, and hylands colic tablets are really great too. Good luck!!
    zoozleroo

Answer by zoozleroo at 9:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• get that gas out before he goes to bed!
    massage him little tummy, literally push the gas out
    do the bycicle by rowing mis legs.
    push his legs into him chest repeatedly
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 11:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I had one baby (out of five) that was like that. I think he cried the entire first 8 months of his life! He was diagnosed as a colicky baby. I was prescribed and administered colic drops. Then at about 9 months old, we moved to a different state and the water there gave him diarrhea. After that bout, he was fine and the stomach aches and crying stopped. Although, as he grew older he does still tend to have more mild digestive problems than the others. He is now 17 and has been to the doctor a few times over the years for constipation and heartburn.

backroadsmom

Answer by backroadsmom at 11:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2009